Enquiries: 0844 241 2724
Choose and Book services now available at BMI Healthcare.
BMI Healthcare is the UK’s largest independent health care provider and is approved by the Department of Health to offer services under the Choose and Book programme. This means patient can now choose to have their treatment in a BMI hospital, delivered on behalf of the NHS. Patients who require a referral will be offered treatment from a list of hospitals or clinics, at the most suitable time and date.
Patients will be treated within a 18 week referral-to-treatment pathway.
The programme has been rolled out across most of BMI's network of over 60 hospitals and clinics nationwide.
Specialties offered by BMI healthcare include*:
- Gastro Intestinal Services
- General Surgery
- Pain Management
- Surgery - Breast
- Surgery - Vascular
*For a full list of treatments available please visit www.nhs.uk
In a BMI hospital, patients will benefit from the same specialist care offered in the NHS with the addition of:
- Fast access to a consultant opinion
- Continuity of care with the same consultant caring for you throughout your treatment
- Treatment within a 18-week referral to treatment pathway
- Comfortable facilities with TV and room service
Patients will also have the reassurance of having consistent, high quality care.
BMI Referral Management Centre contact details:
- Telephone: 0844 241 2724
- Fax: 0844 241 2725
- Email: email@example.com (GP referrals and queries)
Some interesting facts about BMI:
- BMI is the UK's largest independent healthcare provider with over 60 hospitals and clinics nationwide.
- Over 7,000 specialist consultant doctors choose BMI Healthcare hospitals for their private practice
- 99.5% of patients surveyed rated their overall quality of care as good, very good or excellent *
- On average, over 6,000 NHS patients are treated in BMI Healthcare hospitals each month
- 99.6% of patients surveyed would recommend the BMI Healthcare hospital to friends and family *
*17,832 NHS patients completing a questionnaire during the period Oct 10 – Sept 11, 99.5% rated their overall quality of care as either good, very good or excellent, and 99.6% would probably or definitely recommend the hospital