Dr Husain is an experienced Consultant with over 23 years of vast experience in most aspects of respiratory medicine – i.e any condition that affects the lungs.
These include conditions like asthma, lung infections, bronchiectasis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, COPD, lung cancer, pulmonary embolism, breathing disorders during sleep, interstitial lung diseases (lung fibrosis, sarcoidosis), respiratory failure, pleural disease.
More recently, Dr Husain has been involved managing patients who have had Covid with lung involvement and continue to have chest and long Covid symptoms.
His current special interest has been diagnosing and managing patients with difficult chronic cough and unexplained breathlessness. This includes patients who have allergies attributing to cough.
He has support to get allergy tests, full lung functions, 6 minute walk tests, Bronchial challenge tests, sleep studies, Xrays, CT or MRI scans. In addition, he is an experienced bronchoscopist and provides diagnostic bronchoscopy examination.
You may want to consult Dr. Husain
- If you have undiagnosed cause of ongoing cough despite normal test results
- If you are experiencing breathlessness, wheeze, coughing with sputum or blood, repeated chest infections, weight loss, fever.
- When you or your GP wants to secure a more clear diagnosis of your symptoms
- When you wish to have a second opinion on a recently or previously made diagnosis elsewhere
- If you had a chest x-ray, which has been reported to have some abnormal finding
Most patients seen privately usually are referred from either a GP or another healthcare professional. However, self-referrals from within UK or abroad are also welcome if you have any concerns.
Please bring along details and results from previous treatments, any recent x-rays, CT scans (or their reports), blood test results along with list of your medications and the inhalers if you are using any of them.
Dr Husain is a BUPA fees assured approved consultant and also approved by most UK private health insurers.
- Diagnosis and management of asthma
- Managing chronic cough
- Lung infections and lung cancer
- British Thoracic Society
- European Respiratory Society
- Royal College of Physicians, London
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)