Mr Aaron Ng
Consultant Ophthalmic, Corneal, Cataract & Refractive Surgeon
MBBS, FRCOphth, Cert LRS
Practices at: BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
Mr Aaron Ng holds the Certificate in Laser and Refractive Surgery (Cert LRS) from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, and is accredited to perform laser and lens refractive surgery. He regularly performs complex cataract and refractive surgery and treats patients with astigmatism, previous corneal transplants, and laser and lens refractive surgery. He also performs surgery to correct astigmatism, and offers premium intraocular lenses to restore patients’ sight.
Mr Aaron Ng frequently treats patients with corneal infections and scarring, Fuchs’ endothelial corneal dystrophy, keratoconus, dry eye disorders, ocular surface inflammation and pterygium. He performs both penetrating (full-thickness) and lamellar (partial thickness) corneal transplantations, collagen cross-linking, and pterygium surgery.
He completed his medical degree at King’s College London and spent his formative years in medical and surgical training in London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex and Boston, USA. He completed his surgical ophthalmology training at the West Midlands School of Ophthalmology and obtained advanced subspecialty training in Cornea and External Eye Disease at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Trust, Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust and Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre.
For his work on improving outcomes in cataract surgery, he has won the prestigious Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists Congress Audit Prize in 2016 and the AMO Prize for Best Paper at the British Society for Refractive Surgery in 2017. He had also won the South Thames Foundation School Audit, Teaching and Portfolio Prizes in 2010 and 2011.
Mr Aaron Ng enjoys teaching medical students, optometrists and fellow doctors and have presented at regional, national and international meetings. He currently teaches cataract and corneal transplant surgery to visiting doctors from abroad. Past surgical teaching experiences include supervision of junior and senior trainees in eye trauma, cataract and corneal transplant surgery and advanced nurse practitioners in collagen cross-linking for keratoconus.
Mr Aaron Ng is also a reviewer for the West Midlands Quality Review Service and has published in national and international journals including Eye, Ophthalmology and Nature.
With his experience and expertise, Mr Aaron Ng aims to provide a high-quality, personalised service and to ensure the care, that he provides, serves the best interests of his patients.
- Cataract surgery and refractive lens exchange including premium multifocal intraocular lens and astigmatic correction
- Reading vision surgery Dry Eyes
- Micro-incision cataract surgery
- Laser eye surgery for vision correction
- Non-laser eye surgery for vision correction
- YAG laser capsulotomy and iridotomy
- Stitch-free pterygium surgery
- Corneal diseases
- Keratoconus monitoring and treatment including corneal collagen cross-linking
- Partial thickness corneal transplants (lamellar)
- Full thickness corneal transplants (penetrating)
- Amniotic membrane transplant
- Alcohol delamination
- Superficial keratectomy
- Fine needle diathermy
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- General Medical Council
- The Bowman Club
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)