Professor Lobo brings a wide-range of gastroenterology experience to his practice. He qualified from Guy’s Hospital, London and undertook training posts in London, Cambridge, Oxford, Leeds and Bristol before taking up his consultant post at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield in 1994. He has been Clinical Lead for Gastroenterology, Endoscopy Lead at the Royal Hallamshire and has led the inflammatory bowel disease service from 1994. He has published over 150 scientific papers, particularly relating to ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Prof Lobo has chaired the NICE guideline development group for ulcerative colitis and was a member of the development group for Crohn’s and expert adviser for NICE quality standards in inflammatory bowel disease. He was elected to membership of the Association of Physicians for scientific contributions to medicine in 2013 and to its new Fellowship in 2021. He has recently won a large grant from The Health Foundation to put patients at the centre of their care.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- Dyspepsia and indigestion
- General gastroenterology
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of London Fellow
- Association of Physicians Member
- British Society of Gastroenterology (Previously member of Council) Member
- British Medical Association Member
- Medical Protection Society