Mr Alastair Mace
Consultant ENT Surgeon
MB ChB, MRCS, MD FRCS (ORL-HNS)
Practices at: BMI The Duchy Hospital
He trained in the West of Scotland, with super-specialist training in Australia. He was awarded a Doctorate in Medicine in 2008 following a 2 year Gene Therapy Research Fellowship in Head and Neck Cancer. In 2010 he was awarded the Royal Society of Medicine Otology Training Scholarship and became the Otology and Skull Base Surgery Fellow with Prof. Fagan's team at St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney.
Mr Mace looks after NHS and private patients with a wide range of ENT (Ear Nose and Throat Surgery) conditions, and has a special interest in ear and hearing related pathology in children and adults. He is the lead clinician in the York Balance Centre. He also has a medico-legal practice, with special interests in Noise Induced Hearing Loss and Personal Injury.
Mr Mace teaches and trains medical students and trainee ear nose and throat surgeons, and is a tutor on a number of National ENT courses.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) and is on the specialist register of the General Medical Council
- British Society of Otology
- Otology (Ear disorders including perforated ear drums; cholesteatoma, hearing loss, tinnitus and discharging ears);
- Ossicloplasty surgery to improve hearing
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) surgery
- Stapedectomy surgery for otosclerosis, with laser stapedotomy
- Dizziness (vertigo and balance problems including Meniere's Disease)
- Rhinology (nasal disorders including acute or chronic rhinitis and sinusitis, blocked nose, deviated septum, nasal polyps)
- Sinus operations (endoscopic sinus surgery/ FESS)
- Skin lesions
- Paediatric ENT (tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, grommets for glue ear, cautery for nosebleeds/ epistaxis)
- Laryngology (including swallowing problems, throat pain, laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR)
- Voice disorders (including vocal cord polyps/ nodules)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)