Mr Alexander James Stewart Watson
Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon
BPharm, MRPharmS, MBBS, MRCS (Glasgow), FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics)
Practices at: BMI The London Independent Hospital
He is a Consultant at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow since 2006 and has developed a large Foot and Ankle practice as well as managing tauma. Mr Watson has comlpleted three Fellowships – a Foot and Ankle Fellowship alongside Mr Lloyd Williams in London, and two Hip and Knee Arthroplasty (joint replacement) Fellowships in Sydney.
Mr Watson has many peer reviewed publications he teaches on and attends courses regularly and keeps in touch with the latest developments in his field. Outside work, Mr Watson is married to a Consultant Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon and has a young family. They are keen runners, scuba divers and ski/snowboarders.
- Foot, ankle and knee surgery
- Sports injuries and degenerative changes
- Correction of bunions, hammer and mallet toes, mortons neuromae, osteoarthritis big toe, midfoot and hindfoot osteoarthritis, tibialis posterior insufficiency (acquired flat foot), pain and instability, tendon injuries, plantar fasciitis, trauma
- Knee and ankle arthroscopy
- Total knee and total ankle joint replacement surgery
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- British Medical Association
- General Medical Council
- Medical Protection Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)