Dr Alexandra Stewart
Consultant Clinical Oncologist
BM, DM, MRCP, FRCR, FBIR
Practices at: BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital
Dr Alexandra Stewart is a Consultant Clinical Oncologist with a special interest in gynaecological oncology, lower gastrointestinal cancer and high dose rate brachytherapy.
Training and Appointment
She qualified in 1997 and trained at Charing Cross and the Royal Marsden Hospital with a Fellowship at Harvard University in Boston.
Her clinical interests include the improvement of radiotherapy dose delivery in pelvic cancer using conformal radiotherapy/brachytherapy. She uses advanced radiotherapy techniques such as VMAT IMRT and IGRT.
Dr Stewart delivers chemotherapy with radiotherapy and also in the adjuvant and metastatic settings.
She has a special interest in image-guided brachytherapy for cervical cancer and rectal brachytherapy including avoidance of stoma formation using the Papillon technique.
Dr Stewart has received the following awards throughout her medical career:
- May 2018: Cancer Team of the Year BMJ awards
- Sept 2017: Fellowship of the British Institute of Radiology (FBIR)
- May 2005: ASCO Merit Award
Special clinical interests:
- Improvement of radiotherapy dose delivery in pelvic cancer
- IMRT (intensity-modulated radiotherapy) for gynaecologic, anal and rectal cancers.
- Brachytherapy for rectal cancer including organ preservation using the Papillon technique
- Image-guided brachytherapy for cervical cancer
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Radiologists
- British Institute of Radiology
- American Brachytherapy Society
- American Society for Radiation Oncology
- European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Clinical Lead for Oncology, Royal Surrey County Hospital
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Surrey
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)