Consultant trauma & orthopaedic surgeon, specialising exclusively in shoulder and elbow surgery.
Rowley Bristow Unit, Ashford & St Peter NHS FT, UK
Undergraduate and postgraduate training in London.
- United Medical and Dental School of Guys & St Thomas’ (UMDS, University of London)
- University College London (UCL, University of London)
- North West Thames Specialised Orthopaedics and Trauma Training (London)
Awarded two fellowships in shoulder and elbow surgery, one as “Paul Calvert Fellow” working with Andrew Wallace in London, and the other at the internationally renowned Reading Shoulder Unit working with Stephen Copeland & Ofer Levy.
Completed MSc (Distinction) in Sports Medicine.
Membership of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK).
Faculty in international & national shoulder course/conferences.
Active in research and have published and presented extensively on shoulder and elbow surgery, sports injuries, and orthopaedics -
- Over 55 “Pubmed” peer- reviewed publications
- Editor of a textbook in sports medicine
- Author a number of other book chapters in orthopaedics and sports surgery.
Prizes or other academic distinction
- Distinction in pathology examination of MB BS
- The Institute of Sports Medicine Millennial Bursary Prize
- Distinction in Sports Medicine MSc
- Kessel Prize for best paper at British Shoulder & Elbow Society
- Arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder stabilisation
- Sport related elbow pain
- Shoulder replacement
- Shoulder & elbow trauma
- British Shoulder & Elbow Society
- European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow
- British Medical Association
- Society for Tennis Medicine & Science