Mr Pillai has also visited and worked with surgeons from SportsMed SA, Mater Hospital Sydney and Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital in Perth. Furthermore, Mr Pillai has completed a fellowship in Ilizarov techniques and limb deformity correction at the world renowned Russian Ilizarov Scientific Centre in Siberia. He was initially appointed as Consultant to Ninewells University Hospital and Dundee Medical School in Scotland, before moving to the North West.
Mr Pillai is a member of both the British and American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Societies, AO Trauma UK, Foot & Ankle Scotland and The Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society. He holds honorary academic positions with the Universities of Adelaide, Manchester, Salford and Malaya. He is executive editor for Orthopaedics & Muscular Systems - Current Research and assistant editor for SurgWiki. He also sits on the editorial board for the ANZ Journal of Surgery and the American Medical Journal. He has published and presented widely in numerous national and international meetings. He is a surgical examiner for University of Salford and Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh.
Mr Pillai was elected to the research committee of the European Foot & Ankle Society, Physician’s resource committee of the American Foot & Ankle Society. He is both a faculty and course director for the British Foot and Ankle Society delivering surgical training programmes.
Mr Pillai has treated members of the Team GB Olympic and Commonwealth games squad, Ultimate Fighting Championship and within Professional Football. Mr Pillai is a member of the Selection Design Group with Health Education England and the Surgical Speciality Board for Orthopaedics at the Royal College. He was awarded an Honorary Professorship in Orthopaedics for his educational and research activity.
- A complete and comprehensive spectrum of both diagnosis and operative & non-operative treatment for all foot and ankle disorders. Special interests include sports injuries, arthritis, rheumatoid disease, deformity and aesthetic surgery. Arthroscopic surgery, ankle and toe joint replacement surgery and tendon surgery are routinely performed. Minimally Invasive Surgery and same day discharge are strongly promoted. He works closely with specialist podiatrists and orthotics to give you the best possible treatment experience.
- General Medical Council
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- European Foot & Ankle Society
- AO Trauma
- Association of Diabetic Foot Surgeons
- International Bone Service Research Association
- Foot & Ankle Scotland
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)