Dr Andreas Kyriacou
Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist
MBChB, MRCP, PhD, CCDS
Practices at: BMI Thornbury Hospital
This work led to a number of publications and was recognised by the European Society of Cardiology Heart Failure Association (Young Investigator in Clinical Research – Winner, 2012) and the British Heart Rhythm Society (Young Investigator Competition – Runner up, 2012). Dr Kyriacou’s research findings were presented in 2011 and 2012 at the SET for Britain Ceremonies hosted by the Parliamentary and Scientific Committee at Westminster.
Dr Kyriacou concluded his training in cardiac arrhythmias and complex cardiac pacemakers at the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals where he focused on the ablation of complex arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardias.
In 2015, Dr Kyriacou was appointed to the post of Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. On a daily basis Dr Kyriacou manages patients with heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias). Patients with arrhythmias often have symptoms such as palpitations, tiredeness, effort intolerance and shortness of breath. These can be treated with medications or with procedures of which some can be curative. Some patients, however, may have no symptoms, for example patients with atrial fibrillation, but timely diagnosis is paramount so that treatment can be offered to reduce the risk of stroke associated with this arrhythmia.
You can visit Mr Kyriacou's website on the following link: sacentre.co.uk
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians
- British Heart Rhythm Society
- Medical Protection Society
- British Medical Association
- Medical treatment and ablation of all heart rhythm disorders including complex arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia.
- Implantation of complex cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Research Interests
- Investigating the effects of complex cardiac pacing on heart function and coronary artery physiology.
- Maximizing the benefits derived from cardiac pacemakers and cardiac resynchronisation therapy.
- Developing more effective ablation treatments for complex arrhythmia such as ventricular tachycardia.
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)