Mr Andrew Chambler
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon & Shoulder Specialist
BSc.(Hons), MB BS, Master of Surgery, FRCS (Tr and Orth)
Practices at: BMI Bath Clinic
Mr Chambler has been a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in the UK for the past 14 years. He qualified from St Mary’s Hospital medical School, part of Imperial College, in London.
Embarking on his surgical career, his interest soon became Orthopaedics and in particular shoulder and elbow surgery, being awarded his Masters of Surgery degree in this area by the University of London in 2000, under the supervision of Professor Roger Emery.
He gained his Shoulder & Elbow Fellowship with Professor Carr in Oxford and has since been awarded travelling fellowships to UK & Europe as well as to the world renowned Mayo Clinic in the USA, by the British Elbow & Shoulder Society.
He developed the shoulder & elbow service at Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, concentrating on new advanced arthroscopic techniques and joint replacement but also organising quality control with prospective audit of surgical outcome to ensure the highest level of patient care. He became Clinical Director of Orthopaedics at YDH in 2011.
Recently he has been asked to provide a service to King Hamad University Hospital in Bahrain for complex shoulder and elbow problems, visiting 3-4 times per year.
The areas of surgery include the management of sports injuries, tendinopathies and shoulder and elbow arthroplasty. He continues his interest in education and research being faculty for arthroscopic shoulder courses, peer reviewer for journals and invited lecturer both national and internationally.
- Shoulder Arthroplasty using computer navigation implantation for complex cases
- Arthroscopic therapeutic procedures (sub-acromial decompression, ACJ excision, capsular release)
- Arthroscopic shoulder reconstruction: rotator cuff tendon repair, shoulder stabilization and fracture treatment, upper limb sports injuries
- Shoulder stabilization (arthroscopic and open)
- Anatomic and Reverse Polarity Total Shoulder replacements
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- European Shoulder and Elbow Society
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)