Dr Millar is involved in the development of Rapid Diagnostic Centres and is one of the NHS England National and local Cancer Alliance leads for RDCs. He was a lead for the NHS ACE project for Multidisciplinary Centres funded by MacMillan Cancer and Cancer Research UK. He has presented this work at conferences and to parliamentary committees.
Dr Millar has a long experience in the diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal and liver conditions. He is particularly interested in the early diagnosis or exclusion of GI cancer and is an expert in endoscopy and colonoscopy. He is the lead endoscopist at the BMI Cavell Hospital.
He ensures that patients having endoscopic procedures are offered a full choice of sedation, and he works with experienced anaesthetists to offer deep sedation or anaesthesia when needed. He works closely with cancer specialist in the care of patients with gastrointestinal and hepato-pancreatic and biliary cancers.
He has a very keen interest in the holistic treatment of patients with chronic debilitating conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), indigestion and food intolerance, and he works alongside therapists and experienced dieticians who are trained in modern dietary approaches.
- Early diagnosis of and endoscopic management of gastrointestinal and liver cancer
- Assessment and management of liver disorders
- Effective management and support for complex IBS
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of British Society of Gastroenterology
- Member of British Association for the Study of the Liver
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of the UK Register of Expert Witnesses
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)