Dr A.F. Muller was appointed as a consultant in Gastroenterology and General Medicine to the East Kent and Chaucer Hospitals in 1994.
He trained as a registrar, research fellow and senior registrar at the University Hospital Nottingham prior to his appointment in Canterbury. He was awarded his doctorate in 1992. He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians in 1999. Other positions held:
- Medical advisor to the Crohn's and Colitis Association
- Regional Lead for the British Society of Gastroenterology (2008 - 2017)
- Senior Examiner for the PACEs examination of the Royal College of Physicians
- East Kent Hospitals clinical lead for the Gastroenterology service
- Clinical director East Kent Hospitals for the bowel cancer screening service
He has wide experience in most aspects of Gastroenterology / Medicine and a specialist expertise in interventional Gastroscopy, colonoscopy (including polypectomy) and ERCP for the treatment of Jaundice and bile duct calculi.