Dr Andrew G Affleck
Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological Surgeon
BSc (Hons), MB ChB, MRCP (UK)
Practices at: BMI Albyn Hospital
He stayed in the West of Scotland to train and study in General Medicine until 2001 when he switched to Dermatology initially in Inverclyde Royal Infirmary for 1 year then Glasgow Royal Infirmary for 6 months then moving to Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham for 4 years as a Specialist Registrar. He returned to Dundee in December 2006 to do a 1-year fellowship in Mohs Surgery, skin cancer and cutaneous surgery and was appointed Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological Surgeon for NHS Tayside on 1st January 2008.
Dr Affleck has a specialist interest in skin cancer management including Mohs’surgery and cutaneous reconstruction. Other interests include dermoscopy and male genital skin disease. He also offers mole checks, mole removal, treatment for excessive sweating, removal of skin tags, age spots, warts and keratoses and any lump/bump/cyst of the skin/benign skin lesions.
Dr Affleck believes in a patient-centered approach and the importance of emotional and psychological factors related to skin disease. Clear communication is a key part of good medical practice and he routinely offers all patients a letter summarising the consultation.
- General dermatology
- Skin cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatments
- Mohs' micrographic surgery
- Advanced reconstructive cutaneous surgery
- Advanced dermoscopy to aid in diagnosis and surveillance of melanocytic naevi
- Male genital skin disease
- Assessment and treatment of psychological and emotional factors associated with skin disease eg. skin picking, itch, body image concern
- Scottish Dermatology Society
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Society of Dermatological Surgery
- Psycho-dermatology UK
- European Society of Dermatology and Psychiatry
- Male genital Skin Disease Group
- International Dermoscopy Society
- General Medical Council
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)