Mr Andrew James
Consultant Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon
MB. BS. MSc. FRCS(T&O)
Practices at: BMI The Saxon Clinic
Prior to appointment as a Consultant Mr James undertook an AO Spine Fellowship year in New York at Weill Cornell Medical College, and then a further combined Orthopaedic and Neurological Fellowship in Leeds University Hospital Spinal Department.
Mr James currently works as specialist Orthopaedic and Spine Surgeon primarily in Milton Keynes, where he has established the spinal service. He also works at Stoke Mandeville Hospital which hosts the National Spinal Injuries Centre.
Mr James’s research interests include disc replacement technologies, minimally invasive spinal surgery, and spinal surgery outcomes. He undertook a Master’s Degree with The University of Warwick focusing on Orthopaedic Surgery and currently supervises Trainees, Fellows and Medical Students.
- Spinal surgery
Special clinical interests
- Trauma surgery
- Spinal surgery (not tumours or paediatrics)
- Hand and upper limb nerve related conditions
- MRI scanning
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Spinal surgery outcomes
- Disc replacement
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- AO Spine International
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- Royal College of Surgeons (RCS)
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon at Milton Keynes University Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon at Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)