Mr Andrew Quaile
Consultant Spinal Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS (LOND), MRCS, LRCP (ENG), FRCS (GLAS)
Practices at: BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital
Mr Andrew Quaile completed his medical training at Charing Cross Hospital in London. Qualifying in 1978, he served in the Royal Navy and then the Australian Army as an Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Training and Appointment
On return to the UK, he was appointed as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon for the NHS in Somerset and then as Consultant Spinal Orthopaedic Surgeon at Frimley Park Hospital.
In 2003, he set up a private practice, Spineworks, to provide an integrated team approach to the treatment of back and neck problems. As Medical Director of Spineworks he continues to offer the highest quality of treatment and care to his patients.
Publications, lectures and teaching
Mr Quaile is also committed to education, and he is regularly invited to give lectures as well as holding his own seminars for both medical colleagues and allied health practitioners. He attends courses throughout the year in keeping with continuing practice development.
Mr Quaile is a founder member of the South East Spine Club. Their meetings provide an opportunity for spinal surgeons to present papers, discuss new advances in treatment and review difficult cases.
Mr Quaile is the Associate Editor of the journal International Orthopaedics and an examiner in Orthopaedics for SICOT. Before Leaving Australia, he was a senior clinical lecturer at the University of Queensland, Brisbane. He has also lectured at the University of Surrey and is an occasional lecturer in spinal surgery on the South Thames Training Circuit.
- Assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment of spinal disorders
- Minimally invasive disc treatment
- Supervision of rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Non-operative pain control procedures
Special clinical interests:
- Caudal epidural
- Lumbar Epidural
- Lumbar Facet Joint Injection
- Radio Frequency Denervation
- Cervical Facet Joint Injection
- Nerve root block
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- Spine Society of Europe
- Society of Back Pain Research
- North American Spine Society
- Executive Member, World Orthopaedic Concern
- South East Spine Club – Founder
- Regional Fellow, Royal Society of Medicine
- Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie (SICOT)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)