Mr Anil Hemandas
Consultant Laparoscopic Colorectal and General Surgeon
MBBS, FRCSEd, MSc, FRCS (Intercollegiate)
Practices at: BMI The Saxon Clinic
Mr Hemandas went on to obtain higher specialist training and colorectal subspecialisation in the Wessex region where his advanced laparoscopic skills were further developed at the National Laparoscopic Training Unit at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. He subsequently underwent further subspecialist fellowship training at the Western General Hospital in Edinburgh, one of the largest Specialist Colorectal units in Western Europe, and also at the world-renowned St Marks Hospital and Academic Institute in Harrow, London.
Mr Hemandas has a strong research background in this area, having published and presented extensively at national and international level on the benefits of the laparoscopic approach in the management of bowel cancer.
- Bowel cancer screening – early detection and treatment of bowel cancer
- Gastroscopy (upper endoscopy)
- Surgery for bowel cancer – open and keyhole (laparoscopic) techniques
- Surgery for inflammatory bowel diseases – Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic gallstone surgery (cholecystectomy)
- Modern treatments for haemorrhoids
- Anal fissure treatment
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon at the Milton Keynes University Hospital Foundation NHS Trust
- Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- General Medical Council
- Association of Surgeons of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)