Mrs Anjali Ahluwalia
MBBS, MRCOG, MD (Manchester University), Diploma in Obstetric/Gynae Ultrasound (RCOG/RCR, London), FRCOG
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
Mrs. Ahluwalia has held senior roles in management as Clinical Director for Women, Children and Breast services at Wythenshawe Hospital, in teaching as RCOG College Tutor, Preceptor for training junior doctors in achieving advanced specialist skills in Gynaecology and held roles at the RCOG, London in teaching, education and governance and as Examiner. She has led the development of obstetric and gynaecological services at Wythenshawe hospital, including governance, new operative techniques in gynaecology e.g. uterine endometrial ablation, HYCOSY and has mentored junior consultant colleagues over the years.
She is currently working as a Consultant Gynaecologist at St Mary’s Hospital, into which Wythenshawe hospital has very recently merged, due to the integration of the Manchester hospitals, to form the Manchester Foundation Trust.
Mrs Ahluwalia is a specialist in Gynaecology and Women’s Health.
Her main areas of interest include:
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Irregular Bleeding
- Post menopausal bleeding
- Fibroid Uterus
- Fertility and Difficulty in conception
- Pelvic Pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Vulva problems
- Ovarian cysts and Polycystic Ovaries
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Abnormal cervical smears
- Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgery
- Endometrial ablation of uterus
- Novasure endometrial ablation
- Hysteroscopic removal of polyps in the uterus
- Morcellation of uterine fibroids
- Major abdominal surgery including hysterectomy
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Vaginal prolapse repair.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG, London)
- Member of the British Society of Urogynaecology, (BSUG, RCOG, London)
- Member of the British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathologist, (BSCCP)
- Member of the Medical Defence Union, (MDU)
- Member of the British Medical Association, (BMA)
- Member of the British Society of Gynaecology Endoscopy (BSGE, rcog, London)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)