Mr Anselm Agwunobi
Consultant General Surgeon
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
Mr Agwunobi was first appointed Consultant General & Upper GI Surgeon 2002 at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust. He was the Lead Upper GI Surgeon, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust for 7 years before moving to current post at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust where he is the Trust Lead for NELA, a national audit programme aimed at improving care for patients undergoing emergency laparotomy. He is involved in teaching medical students and training doctors as well as other health workers.
Outside work Mr Agwunobi enjoys the outdoors and a game of golf. He also follows Manchester United.
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopic surgery)
- Hernia surgery including laparoscopic and open hernia repairs
- Gallstone disease
- Gallbladder removal
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Hiatus hernia
- Inguinal hernia
- Umbilical hernia
- Skin lumps and bumps
- Acid reflux
- Indigestion and hiatus hernia surgery.
- Investigation and management of abdominal pains, skin lumps and bumps.
- British Hernia Society
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgery
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)