Antonio Belloso is a Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat surgeon (ENT), who practices all aspects of adult ENT. His specialist interest is Head & Neck benign and malignant conditions, including thyroid and parathyroid surgery and salivary gland pathology.
Mr Antonio Belloso has contributed to creating a modern Head and Neck service in East Lancashire hospitals, including weekly Neck-Lump One-Stop-Clinic, thyroid/parathyroid clinics and channel scope biopsy services. His expertise includes state-of-the-art surgical procedures such as microsurgery in the larynx, laser and transoral robotic surgery. He is developing a new multidisciplinary service, jointly with the Speech & Language department, for post-COVID upper respiratory assessment and management of complex voice and swallowing conditions.
At the BMI hospitals, Mr Belloso offers expert services in all aspects of adult ENT, including diseases of the neck, throat discomfort, tonsil pathology, swallowing and voice disorders, nasal obstruction/congestion, snoring and sleep apnoea, ear infections, hearing difficulties, tinnitus (noises in the ears) and vertigo and balance problems. The procedures he performs include tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, grommet insertion, wax clearance, sinus surgery (FESS), septoplasty, snoring surgery, voice box (larynx) surgery, coblation rhinophyma, excision of neck lumps, salivary gland surgery.
- Advances in Head & Neck cancer diagnostic and management
- Surgical thyroid and parathyroid options
- Transoral robotic surgery applications
Mr Belloso has more that 20 articles published in medical journal. Some examples are:
- Belloso A, Chidambaram A, Morar P, Timms M. Coblation tonsillectomy versus dissection tonsillectomy: Postoperative haemorrhage. The Laryngoscope (2003). 113 (11): 2010-3
- Amir I, Morar P, Belloso A. Postoperative drainage in head and neck surgery. Ann R Coll Surg Engl (2010). 92(8):651-4
- Bowman J, Daudia A, Sahasrabudhe N, Belloso A. Coblator-assisted Endoscopic Transnasal Ressection of a Large Nasopharyngeal Pleomorphic Adenoma. Case Rep Otolaryngol. 2019 Feb 27:2019:4654357