Mr Aravind Reddy
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
FRCOphth (Lon), FRCS (Edin), MS, DNB, MBBS
Practices at: BMI Albyn Hospital
Following qualification in 1995, Mr. Aravind Reddy trained in ophthalmology in eminent teaching hospitals in the UK and abroad. He acquired a range of qualifications and memberships of specialist UK and international ophthalmic organizations and societies.
He maintains a practice in the NHS following appointment in 2007 as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital.
He is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Medical school at University of Aberdeen and maintains an active role in undergraduate and post-graduate education.
Mr Reddy has held a position of Clinical Lead for the Eye Health Network for NHS Grampian from 2013 -2017.
Mr Reddy takes a keen interest in training the next generation of ophthalmologists. He is actively involved in activities related to the quality of training in North of Scotland having held important positions such as Training Programme Director for Surgical Ophthalmology for Scotland North (2011 to 2015).
Currently, he is actively involved in the regulation and quality of post-graduate education and training as the Regional Advisor to the Royal College of Ophthalmologists for the North of Scotland.
Mr Reddy maintains a keen interest in clinical research and has been a Principal Investigator in several clinical trials giving the opportunity for appropriate patients to access novel treatments.
- Cataract Surgery:
- Monofocal, multifocal and accomodative implants
- Toric implants
- Refractive Cataract Surgery (cataract surgery with correction of astigmatism)
- Laser capsulotomy
- Corneal Surgery:
- Corneal transplants - including Endothelial transplants
- Astigmatic correction
- Paediatric ophthalmology
- Squint correction
- General Ophthalmology:
- Glaucoma management, Trabeculectomy
- Eyelid Surgery: Cysts, Ptosis, Blepharoplasty, Ectropion, Entropion
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (UKISCRS)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- Bowman's Club
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)