Mr Arijit Mitra
MBBS, DO, FRCSEd, FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI The Priory Hospital
Arijit Mitra is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at BMEC, with a subspecialty interest in Surgical and Medical Retina. He graduated from and completed basic surgical training in Ophthalmology from Calcutta National Medical College and Hospital, in India. He undertook higher specialist training in Ophthalmology at West Midlands School of Ophthalmology. He underwent further specialist training in the management of complex vitreoretinal disorders at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital.
He has won several prizes during his training at the West Midlands Deanery. He has published over 35 papers in peer-reviewed journals and has presented widely at national and international meetings.
Together with his colleagues, he has been successfully running simulation courses since 2016.
He was the first Simulation Lead for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists from 2017 to 2021 and was responsible for promoting Simulation training in Ophthalmology, throughout the country.
- Cataract - including complex cataracts and complication of cataract surgery
- Medical Retina - Age Related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Eye Disease, Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Vitreo-retina - Retinal Detachment, Macular Hole, Epiretinal Membrane, advanced Diabetic Eye Disease, Trauma
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British and Eire Association of Vitreo-Retinal Surgeons
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)