Arijit Mitra is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at BMEC, with a subspecialty interest in Surgical and Medical Retina. He graduated from and completed basic surgical training in Ophthalmology from Calcutta National Medical College and Hospital, in India. He undertook higher specialist training in Ophthalmology at West Midlands School of Ophthalmology. He underwent further specialist training in the management of complex vitreoretinal disorders at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital.
He has won several prizes during his training at the West Midlands Deanery. He has published over 35 papers in peer-reviewed journals and has presented widely at national and international meetings.
Together with his colleagues, he has been successfully running simulation courses since 2016.
He was the first Simulation Lead for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists from 2017 to 2021 and was responsible for promoting Simulation training in Ophthalmology, throughout the country.
- Cataract - including complex cataracts and complication of cataract surgery
- Medical Retina - Age Related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Eye Disease, Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Vitreo-retina - Retinal Detachment, Macular Hole, Epiretinal Membrane, advanced Diabetic Eye Disease, Trauma
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British and Eire Association of Vitreo-Retinal Surgeons