Arj Imbuldeniya is a highly trained, UK qualified Hip and Knee Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.
He specialises exclusively in treating patients suffering from all hip and knee problems, including injuries, arthritis, pain and swelling.
His NHS practice is based mainly in West London at The West Middlesex University Hospital and The Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
He sees and treats private patients throughout West London at both the BMI Syon clinic and The BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital.
Mr Imbuldeniya has been fortunate to have been exposed to exceptional training throughout his medical career.
He graduated in 2001 from Barts and the Royal London Medical School and his surgical training was based entirely in London at renowned teaching hospitals including St Marys Hospital, Paddington, Kings CollegeHospital, The Royal London Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital and The Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
Mr Imbuldeniya was later chosen to undertake international specialist fellowship training at the Mater Hospital in Sydney, Australia. This is the largest joint replacement centre in the Southern Hemisphere where he learned about computer guided surgery, minimally invasive surgery and muscle sparing hip and knee replacement.
More recently he was awarded the 2018 ESSKA Travelling Fellowship to Barcelona where he learned the latest key hole knee surgery techniques from Catalonia’s top sports knee surgeons.
Mr Imbuldeniya has also completed a Masters level degree in Global Health Policy from Imperial College, London, focusing on adopting frugal innovation in healthcare and improving health care delivery and technology to patients in different countries.
He has specialist expertise less invasive and non surgical treatments of knee and hip pain, as well as surgical procedures.
When not looking after his patients, he loves spending his time in the kitchen, following Brentford FC and keeping his children, dog, cats and partner entertained and well fed!
He regularly performs and teaches the following procedures:
- keyhole surgery of the knee including ligament surgery such as ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) reconstruction,
- revision or re-do ACL reconstruction surgery
- patella or knee cap stabilising surgery
- meniscal root and body repair
- knee cartilage repair and regeneration,
- non invasive biological cell therapies, PRP, hyaluronic acid,
- computer/robotic assisted partial knee replacement,
- computer/robotic assisted total knee replacement,
- minimally invasive muscle sparing ceramic hip replacement particularly in the younger adult complex revision/redo hip replacement
Common conditions he treats are:
- Hoffa fad pad impingement
- ITB friction syndrome
- Chondromalacia patellae
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Patella instability
- ACL sprain/ injury
- Meniscus tear
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Cartilage degeneration
- Osteochondral defect
- Bone bruising
- Femeroacetabular impingement
- Hip osteoarthritis
- Hip dysplasia
- Trochanteric Bursitis
- Trochanteric pain syndrome
- Internal snapping hip
- External snapping hip
- Avascular necrosis
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- The Computer Assisted Orthopedic Society UK
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)