Mr Goede qualified from the University of Pretoria in South Africa in 1996, and came to the UK in 1998. He worked as a Basic Surgical Trainee in Hampshire and Warwickshire. He spent two years doing research at the Royal Free Hospital and was awarded an MS from the University of London.
In 2004 he joined the Oxford Higher Surgical Training Scheme. He has attended training courses and has had clinical exposure to laparoscopic surgery and complex colorectal surgery from early on in his training, and took a special interest in this field and pelvic floor surgery during his training in the Oxford region.
At the completion of his training he attended a six month Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal and Pelvic Floor Surgery Fellowship in Bristol. Further laparoscopic fellowship work in Reading followed before he came to Buckinghamshire. He now works as a Laparoscopic General and Colorectal Surgeon at Stoke Mandeville and High Wycombe Hospitals.
Mr Goede’s scope of practice also includes:
- Haemorrhoid surgery: Haemorrhoidectomy, Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy (PPH), DGHAL/HAL-RAR, Outpatient treatment
- Open and laparoscopic inguinal and other abdominal wall hernia repair.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic and open surgery for benign and malignant diseases of the colon, rectum and small bowel
- Coloproctology: treatment of anal fissure (outpatient/Botox & fissurectomy), fistula surgery, (laying open/seton/complex fistula management)
- Emergency general surgical procedures such as appendectomy (laparoscopic or open), laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Arnold has published extensively, in particular during the final years of his training and as a fellow. Interests include his research subject, carcinoid tumours, and more lately minimally invasive haemorrhoidal surgery, laparoscopic colorectal surgery, pelvic floor surgery and single port laparoscopic surgery for colorectal disease.
Arnold lives in Buckinghamshire with his wife and two children.
- General Medical Council (GMC), number 4461308
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Brittain and Ireland (ACPGBI) – Council Member
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Brittain and Ireland (ALSGBI)
- The Pelvic Floor Society (TPFS)