Mr Arvind Mohan
Consultant Orthopaedic & Upper Limb Surgeon
MBBS, MS(Ortho), DipSEM(UK), FRCS (Tr & Ortho)
Practices at: BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital
He treats all aspects of hand and wrist problems including carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, Dupuytren’s contracture, TFCC repair, wrist instability, arthritis of various hand and wrist joints. He uses keyhole (Arthroscopic) surgery to treat various shoulder conditions like rotator cuff repair, shoulder instability, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff impingement, ACJ arthritis, elbow and hand and wrist problems. He has a specialist interest in resurfacing and total joint replacement of shoulder, elbow and hand and wrist. Mr Mohan specialises in upper limb and hand and wrist trauma with using more bone specific plating systems for better outcomes. Mr Mohan has a special interest in wide awake hand and upper limb surgery without using any tourniquet. He has introduced collagenase in treatment of Dupuytrens disease at Shirley Oaks along with Platelet rich plasma as an outpatient service to ensure better patient experience and a quick return to work.
Wide awake hydrodilatation for frozen shoulder has shown excellent results enabling early return to work.
Mr Mohan trained on the Southwest Thames orthopaedic rotation. He completed two distinguished fellowships including the hand and wrist fellowship at Chelsea and Westminster and upper limb fellowship at Wrightington Hospital gaining experience in all aspects of upper limb surgery including advanced experience in shoulder and elbow surgery.
He is married to a Consultant Dermatologist and outside medicine his time is taken up looking after his two young children.
- British Shoulder & Elbow Society
- Shoulder arthroscopy for rotator cuff surgery, shoulder stabilisation, subacromial decompression and arthroscopic treatment for frozen shoulder
- Elbow and Wrist arthroscopy
- Hand and wrist fractures
- Joint replacement of Shoulder, Elbow, Hand and Wrist joints
- Shoulder, Elbow and upper limb fractures including non-union surgery
- Wide awake without tourniquet hand and upper limb surgery
- Sports injuries of the upper limb including complex hand and wrist injuries
- Use of platelet rich plasma (PRP) injection for the upper limb
- Collagenase for Dupuytrens contracture
- Wide awake hydrodilatation of shoulder for frozen shoulder
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)