He is co-chair of the Medical Technical Options Committee to the Montreal Protocol for the Protection of the Ozone Layer since 1995. This has finally phased out the last use of CFCs worldwide (in inhalers).
- >300 peer-reviewed publications in Respiratory Medicine.
- Mainly in asthma, allergy, cough.
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Consultant Respiratory Physician at the University Hospital of South Manchester (Wythenshawe).
- Head of Division of Respiratory Medicine.
- Lead for Respiratory and Allergy Clinical Research Facility
- OBE (services to the environment)