Dr Asif Humayun
Consultant in Diabetes & Endocrinology
MBBS, FRCP (Lon), FCPS (GIM), MRCP (Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolic Diseases), CCT (GIM, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolic Diseases)
Practices at: BMI The Saxon Clinic
- Diabetes – Diabetes Type1 Management
- Diabetes Type 2 Management
- General Endocrinology
- Management of Thyroid Dysfunctions
- Reproductive & Gynaecological Endocrinology
Dr Humayun is working as a Consultant in Diabetes, Endocrinology and General Internal Medicine at Milton Keynes University Hospital. He did his specialist training in diabetes and endocrinology at Wessex Deanery.
He has a special interest in the management of thyroid diseases and reproductive endocrinology including sexual dysfunction.
He is also interested in diabetes care, especially type 1 diabetes, and the clinical use of new technologies, including insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring to improve patient outcomes.
Outside of his consultancy work Dr Humayun has completed several research projects and has published several papers relating to insulin pumps.
- Hormonal dysfunctions including Thyroid, Parathyroid, Pituitary disorders and Adrenal disorders
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Weight loss treatment
- Metabolic Bone diseases
- Insulin Pump therapy & Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Endocrine Society
- Diabetes UK
- Association of British Clinical Diabetologists (ABCD)
- Diabetes Technology Network UK
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
- Dr Humayun has worked with local support group “Thyroid MK” and delivered two lectures to delegates with thyroid disorders during 2018. His talks covered underactive thyroids and diagnosis treatments, his presentation can be viewed on the Thyroid MK website.
- He has also published patient information papers on insulin pumps, details are given below:
- Insulin Pump – Beyond Multiple Daily Injections. Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation, June 2016.
- Insulin Pump – Choosing the right one for you. Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation, Nov 2016.
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)