Athanassius Tadros is a Consultant Ophthalmologist Surgeon, with his practice focusing on cataract surgery at The Winterbourne Hospital.
Mr Tadros is an international member of AAO (American Academy of Ophthalmology). He is comprehensively trained in all aspects of Ophthalmology to a very high level, and is currently concentrating on cataract surgery only. He has been the cataract lead at Dorset County Hospital for the past 12 years, providing quality cataract surgery and correction of astigmatism with a 0% infection rate at The Winterbourne Hospital.
Clinical Excellence Awards from Dorset Country Hospital
Research and publications
Mr Tadros is the main author in the following publications:
- Correction of Astigmatism in Cataract Surgery
- Removal or LECs, effect on capsulorhexis size during cataract surgery
Mr Tadros has been part of several publications:
- Opposite dear corneal incisions on the steep meridian in phacoemulsification: Early effects on the cornea – Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery – Feb 2004
- Removal of Lens Epithelial Cells Using Standard Automated Irrigation-Aspiration System – Techniques in Ophthalmology – Dec 2010
- Removal of lens epithelial cells and the effect on capsulorhexis size – Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery-Aug 2005