Mr Shamali is a laparoscopic Upper gastrointestinal (UGI) and General Surgeon. He obtained his surgical training in Italy back in 2011 in one of the world’s centre of excellence for Bilio-Pancreatic Surgery in Verona. He has worked as a Consultant Surgeon for two years in Italy before moving to the UK in 2013.
Mr Shamali developed a specialist interest in benign Upper gastrointestinal Surgery. He did a fellowship in benign UGI at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust.
He has published numerous articles in a variety of national and international journals. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Awad_Shamali
Mr Shamali has specialist interest in
- complex gallbladder and bile duct stone surgery
- hernia surgery (open and key hole approach)
- anti-reflux/hiatus hernia surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Medical Association