Mr Fahmy-Fayez Fahmy
Consultant ENT Surgeon
MB ChB, DLO, FRCS (ORL-HNS), FEBORL - HNS (hons)
Practices at: BMI St Edmunds Hospital
He completed his second fellowship FRCS(ORL-HNS) in 2005. Whilst working in these tertiary referral centres he developed a specialist interest in nasal surgery which included surgical treatment of nasal obstruction, endoscopic sinus surgery and correction of nasal deformity (rhinoplasty). He has also developed a special interest in surgical management of external and middle ear problems such as chronic otitis media and cholesteatoma.
After completing his consultant training in 2004 he was appointed to a consultant post at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds and Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge. Mr Fahmy is currently the Lead Clinician at the West Suffolk Hospital. He is a recognised trainer for higher surgical specialist registrars. He is also a clinical teacher for Cambridge University and a Speciality Lead for the Cambridge School graduate course training. He is a member of the teaching faculty in the following courses:
- Ipswich temporal bone course, which takes place in November every year
- Cambridge sinus anatomy course, which takes place in March every year
- Cambridge endoscopic sinus surgery Course, July 2010
Mr Fahmy has published and lectured widely on various aspects of otolaryngology. He is currently peer reviewer for clinical otolaryngology. Mr Fahmy is married with two children. His hobbies include jogging - completed the London Marathon in 2004 raising money for Royal National Institute for the Deaf (RNID), sailing, scuba diving and cooking. Medicolegal expert since 2005.
- General ENT (adult and children), tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, grommets surgery and snoring surgery
- The Nose (rhinology) including management of sinusitis, treatment of nasal obstruction and endoscopic sinus surgery as well as nose re-shaping (rhinoplasty)
- Ears (otology) services including surgical treatment of middle ear infections, repair of tympanic membrane perforations, clearance of cholesteatoma and reconstruction of middle ear ossicles.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons
- Membership with ENT UK
- British Society of Otolaryngologists and European Rhinology Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)