Mr Mahmood graduated from University of Southampton in 1995. He underwent Basic Surgical Training in Southampton and Colchester. He was an Anatomy Demonstrator at University of Cambridge.
He completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery on the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Stanmore Training Scheme. He achieved his subspecialty training in Spinal Surgery at Stanmore with further consolidation with Fellowships at Stoke Mandeville Hospital and Oxford University Hospitals.
Mr Mahmood was appointed as a Consultant Spinal Orthopaedic Surgeon at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust in 2014. His current NHS and private practices are exclusively in Spinal Surgery. He deals with all aspects of spinal surgery (including degenerative, deformity, tumour, trauma and infection) from cervical, thoracic to lumbosacral spine).
- Treatment of sciatica (leg pain due to nerve root compression)
- Treatment of arm pain due to nerve root compression
- Nerve root blocks (cervical and lumbar spine)
- Focal spinal decompression
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Spinal trauma
- Metastatic cord compression
- The British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- The British Medical Association
- The AO (Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen) Spine
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (fellow)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)