Dr Balasubramaniam Vijayan
MBBS, MD (GIM), MRCP UK
Practices at: BMI Albyn Hospital
He moved to Scotland for further training in 1997. After obtaining the MRCP Diploma in 1999 Dr Vijayan moved to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary to specialise in gastroenterology and hepatology.
He has been a Consultant gastroenterologist with a special interest in liver disease since 2006. He is involved in teaching medical students and training nurses and doctors in endoscopy and colonoscopy.
- General gastroenterological problems
- Gastro oesophageal reflux
- Management of dyspepsia
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Investigation and management of diarrhoeal illness
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Coeliac disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Colonoscopy with polyp surveillance
Special clinical interests:
- Metabolic liver disorders
- Fatty liver disease
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Primary biliary cholangitis
- Alcohol-related liver disease
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)