Mr Charles Antony Willis-Owen
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
BM, BCh(Hons)(oxon), MA(oxon), MFSEM, FRCS(Tr&Orth)
Practices at: BMI The Harbour Hospital
He then qualified in both orthopaedic surgery (FRCS), and sports medicine (MFSEM) making him in an excellent position to offer highly specialist surgical treatment for sports injuries. He also worked in Sportsmed SA in Australia - a highly successful private clinic for treating Australia’s elite athletes.
He is a keen triathlete, cyclist and a high level marathon runner. He has considerable insight into sporting injuries (first hand!) and the unique needs of active people at all levels.
His areas of expertise include; ACL reconstruction, arthroscopy / knee hole knee surgery, shockwave and avoiding surgery in sports people!
He enjoys seeing active people of any age, not just elite athletes and appreciates the wide diversity of physical activity that are important to patients.
- Arthroscopic knee surgery (keyhole)
- Cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction
- Sports injuries
- Cartilage regeneration procedures (microfracture and MACI)
- Knee replacement (total and unicompartmental)
- Shockwave therapy for hip pain
- Patellar tendonitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis and other sports injuries
- Hip replacement
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- British Orthopaedic Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)