Dr Charles Grimley
Mb ChB, FRCP
Practices at: BMI The Beardwood Hospital
His research interests while training included the study of gastric acidity and the effect of Helicobacter pylori in cancers of the oesophagus and stomach.
He did additional training to become a bowel cancer colonoscopy screener in 2008 and has an interest in advanced polypectomy in the colon. He is endoscopy training and audit lead for his NHS trust and is passionate about the quality of endoscopy.
He has been the medical advisor to the local Crohn’s and Colitis UK group since its inauguration in 2007. Outside medicine, he enjoys classical music and has a young family who keep him busy.
- General Gastroenterology
- Bowel Cancer Screening – I am one of only 2 accredited colonoscopists in East Lancashire Endoscopy (colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and gastroscopy)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid reflux and gastric problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and other functional bowel diseases
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London
- Member of British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
- Member of European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (ECCO)
- General Medical Council
- Medical Defence Union
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)