Having qualified as an occupational therapist in 2000, my career has focused and specialised in hand therapy, completing many specialist training courses.
In recent years I have focused these skills further and trained in Acupuncture for the upper limb, which is particularly useful in pain management. I am a specialist in splinting and have run many training courses, both within NHS and outside of the NHS.
What I enjoy most about practising hand therapy is the potential to help people to regain functional use of their hands, or to find ways to manage their condition.
In addition to my work at the BMI St Edmunds Hospital, I also work in the NHS as a specialist hand therapist, and at the University of East Anglia as a lecturer in occupational therapy.
Additional treatments offered:
- Management of hypermobility in the hand
- Management of sports injuries to the hand
- Manual therapy (massage, mobilisation, stretches etc)
- Scar management
- Exercise prescription (for strengthening/movement/stabilisation)
- Oedema management
- Functional rehabilitation
- Joint protection
- Functional assessment
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Patient advice and education