Mr Chelliah Selvasekar
Consultant General, Laparoscopic & Colorectal Surgeon
MBBS, MD, FRCS (Ed, Glas), FRCS Ed (Gen. Surg)
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
Mr Selvasekar has established laparoscopic colorectal surgery at Leighton Hospital with the support of his colleagues and performs laparoscopic colorectal surgery once or twice a week. He has performed over 150 laparoscopic colorectal resections to date. Mr Selvasekar is an ALSGBI recognised preceptor to train consultants in laparoscopic colorectal surgery. He is currently preceptoring two colorectal surgeons in the North-west. Mr Selvasekar has been instrumental in establishing enhanced recovery programme by devising the protocol at Leighton Hosptial based on his experience in the USA. He also offers surgical treatment for all aspects of general and colorectal surgery.
Mr Selvasekar is keen on surgical training and assessment and is currently doing a postgraduate certification course to enhance his teaching and training skills at Keele University. Mr Selvasekar is in the faculty of trainers at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh on the surgical courses and in the process of becoming an examiner for the MRCS.
- General surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- All types of hernia surgery, cholecystectomy, colorectal surgery, laparoscopic colorectal surgery, diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy, surgical management of anorectal conditions (eg piles, fissure)
- Fistula surgical training, teaching and assessment
- Interested in clinical research.
- GMC Specialist Register
- British Medical Association
- Association of Coloproctology of GB and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgery of GB and Ireland
- Medical Protection Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)