Mr Christopher Coates
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practices at: BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital
He has extensive expertise of arthroscopic surgery of the knee including 20 years’ experience of arthroscopic anterior cruciate reconstruction.
Training and Appointment
His specialist experience in paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery was gained at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital and on Clinical Fellowship at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, during which time he visited other renowned units in Sydney and Adelaide.
He was an early member of the British Society for Children's Orthopaedic Surgery and has established specialist clinics in Ponsetti treatment of clubfoot and DDH hip screening in his NHS practice.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Knee replacement surgery
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee
- Ankle replacement surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- British Medical Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Senior Visiting Fellow at the postgraduate Medical School, University of Surrey
- Royal Surrey County Hospital
- Colles’ fracture management
- Adult knee surgery
- Digital nerve repair
- Brachial plexus injury
- Treatment of perthes disease of the hip
- Ultrasound diagnosis of ddh
- Management of condylar fractures of the child’s elbow and of patella dislocation
- Ponsetti treatment of clubfoot
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)