Dr Christopher Michael Scott
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
MB ChB (Edin) FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI Albyn Hospital
As an Honorary Senior Lecturer in Ophthalmology for the University of Aberdeen, he teaches ophthalmology to medical students in his clinics and theatres at ARI, and takes part in general medical undergraduate admission interviews and undergraduate medical student examinations annually. He is a medical student Regent, providing academic and pastoral care for medical students, throughout their undergraduate course. He provides general ophthalmology clinic services to Peterhead and shares provision of medical and surgical eye services to Shetland.
He is the Clinical Lead of the Eye Health Network which provides local Optometry Primary Eye care to all patients in the NHS Grampian area. He also undertakes regular training lectures and clinic sessions for local optometry colleagues through NES Teach and Treat Clinics. He regularly examines for both the Royal College of Ophthalmology London, and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. He was College Tutor from 2013-2017, and before that ran the North of Scotland Deanery Ophthalmology Training Programme, as Director, from 2004.
He performs many adult cataract surgeries each week, and trains trainees to perform this surgery; and paediatric cataract surgery when required. He does weekly general and specialty eye clinics for adults and children and has an interest in squint surgery.
He has provided private ophthalmology services, medical and surgical, to thousands of patients of the north of Scotland since 2001.
His wife is a Neurology doctor and they have 2 children, one of whom has followed her parents into the medical profession; and the other who is planning a career in biology and sports science.
- Training Program Director (TPD) for NHS Education Scotland (NES) North of Scotland Deanery (Aberdeen and Inverness) 2004-11
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists Regional Adviser 2004-2012; Chair of the Training Committee 2004-2011
- Adviser to the Joint Committee of Medical Royal Colleges of Scotland 2011- current
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists College Tutor in Aberdeen 2011-current
- RCOphth CPD Coordinator 2010-current
- I have held an Ophthalmic Medical Practitioner (OMP) number since 1999.
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Association of Ophthalmologists (AAO)
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists (RCOphth)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- Scottish Ophthalmology Club (SOC)
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists (AAO)
- Honorary senior Lecturer, University of Aberdeen
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical Student Regent, University of Aberdeen
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)