Mr Cyrus Kerawala
Consultant Maxillofacial/Head & Neck Surgeon
BDS (Hons), FDSRCS (Eng), MBBS (Hons), FRCSEd, FRCS (Max-Fac)
Practices at: BMI The Hampshire Clinic
Professor Kerawala was appointed as a Consultant in September 1999 and spent eight years at the Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford and North Hampshire Hospital in Basingstoke before moving to The Royal Marsden in May 2008 where he is Clinical Lead for the Head and Neck Unit and Lead Medical Examiner. Professor Kerawala’s surgical interests concentrate on mucosal and cutaneous malignancy of the head and neck, particularly reconstruction of the post-ablative defect. His main research areas concern free tissue transfer, marginal control of disease, management of the neck and salivary gland cancer.
Professor Kerawala devotes a significant amount of time to teaching, professional training and continuing medical education. He has presented over 120 papers at international and national meetings and has been invited to lecture throughout Europe, America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. He has published over 100 papers in peer-review journals, written twelve chapters for textbooks and edited a further book.
In 2011 Professor Kerawala was featured in The Times newspaper as one of Britain’s 50 top surgeons. He was the Clinical Lead for the NICE guidelines on upper aerodigestive tract cancer published in February 2016 and is the current President of the British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists and Vice President of the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Mr Kerawala holds a number of national and international positions including:-
- Chairman, Education and Training Committee of the International Academy of Oral Oncology
- Honorary Secretary, British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Assistant Editor, International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oncology Section Editor, British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Professional Advisor to the Health Service Ombudsman
- Member of Appeals Panel, General Medical Council
Mr Kerawala is author of a book on Maxillofacial Surgery and has written numerous chapters in other books. He has also authored over 60 peer-reviewed publications. He devotes a significant amount of time to teaching, professional training and continuing medical education. He has presented over 100 papers at international and national meetings and has been invited to lecture throughout Europe, America, Asia and Australia.
Mr Kerawala lives just outside Basingstoke with his wife and 18-year-old son.
- Head and neck surgery, including robotically-assisted techniques
- Salivary gland disorders
- Facial plastic surgery
- Non-surgical cosmetic facial techniques
- General Medical Council
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists
- Royal College of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh
- Medical Defence Union
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)