Mr Dan Arvinte
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MD (Doctor) MRCSEd, FEBOT, FRCSEd (Tr & Orth)
Practices at: BMI The Manor Hospital
Mr Arvinte has been working as a Consultant at Bedford Hospital since 2015 and in this time he has helped to drive significant change and introduce new services which have lead to an improvement in the quality of care and levels of patient satisfaction.
Mr Arvinte practices evidence-based medicine and takes the time to get to know his patients so that he can fully understand their individual condition and concerns. He has excellent communication skills and is passionate about enhanced rehabilitation (early discharge) after hip and knee replacement surgery. He will see patients for most problems related to the hip and knee but has a special interest in replacement and revision (re-do) surgery.
Throughout his career up to 2020 Mr Arvinte has performed more than 700 successful hip and knee replacement procedures. His outcomes from surgery are very positive and are reflected in his patient satisfaction results on the UK National Joint Registry.
Besides his clinical work Mr Arvinte is Regional Clinical Supervisor for medical students at Cambridge University and Clinical and Educational Supervisor for Junior Doctors from East of England Foundation Training Programme. Mr Arvinte has also delivered multiple presentations at national and international meetings, as well as being published in well-recognised peer-reviewed Journals.
- Hip Problems / Pain
- Knee Problems / Pain
- Sports Injuries (Knee)
- Knee arthroscopy (“key-hole” surgery)
- Knee replacement surgery
- Complications associated with hip and knee replacements
- Hip replacement surgery (cemented and uncemented)
- Revision hip replacement surgery (re-do surgery to repair a damaged or poor functioning artificial hip)
- Fractures around implants/replacements (hip and knee)-periprosthetic fractures
- Revision knee replacement surgery (re-do surgery to repair a damaged or poor functioning artificial knee)
- Intra-articular injections (hip and knee)
- Hip and Knee Injection Treatment
- Knee cartilage operations
- Hip Replacement Surgery
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- European Association of Orthopaedics and Trauma
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
Current NHS and/or University Posts
- Regional Clinical Supervisor for medical students at Cambridge University
- Orthopaedic Consultant at Bedford Hospital
- Clinical and Educational Supervisor for Junior Doctors from East of England Foundation Training Programme
Mr Arvinte has an interest in research related particularly to lower limb arthroplasty and knee injuries and has contributed to numerous papers, studies and national and international presentations. For more information and to view some of his research work please visit: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Dan_Arvinte
Press & Publications
- Kiran M, Santhapuri S, Moeen S, Merchant I, Arvinte D, Sood M. “10-year results of Recap Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty: a non-designer case series” – Hip International, vol 29(4), pp 393-397.
- Kiran M, Arvinte D, Sood M. “ An Unusual Case of Massive Intra-articular Angiolipoma of the Knee- A Case Report and Review of the Literature”- Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery (JAJS), vol 3, 2016, pp.90-93.
- Arvinte D, Sood M. “Periprosthetic femoral fractures”- Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery (JAJS) vol 2, 2015, pp.90-93.
- Kiran M, Santhapuri S, Arvinte D, Sood M. “Medium-term Results of the Recap Hip Resurfacing System- A Single Surgeon’s Series”- Hip International, 24(5), 2014, pp. 497.
- Memarzadeh A, Arvinte D, Sood M. “Soft-tissue balancing in Total Hip Arthroplasty: Results in 100 consecutive patients”- Hip International, 24(5), 2014, pp.524.
- Arvinte, D. Bollen, SR. “Rehabilitation protocols after treatment for full thickness chondral lesions of the knee- is there a UK consensus ?”- Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Br), Supplement 1-vol. 93-B, January 2011, pp. 13.
- Bollen, SR. Arvinte, D.“Snapping pes anserinus syndrome – a report of four cases”- Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Br)-vol. 90-B, March 2008, pp. 334-335 .
- Arvinte, D. Quarcoopome, W. Kane, V. Steingold, R. Reddy, R. “Treatment of Hallux Valgus: Gibson-Piggott technique revisited”- Acta Orthopaedica Belgica -no. 72/ 2006, pp.454-459.
Arvinte D, Kiran M, Sood M. “ Cup-cage construct for massive acetabular defect in revision hip arthroplasty- A case-series with medium to long-term follow-up”- Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, 11(2020), pp. 62-66.
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)