Dr Cheung has been a full-time Consultant Gastroenterologist at Worcestershire Royal Hospital since 2016 and is a specialist in the diagnosis and management of all aspects of gastroenterology, liver disease and gastrointestinal cancer. He is an experienced Endoscopist who has full Joint Advisory Group (JAG) accreditation and delivers a high-quality service which is evidenced by consistent excellent patient feedback.
He qualified at King’s College London Medical School in 2002. Since gaining full membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) London, he was appointed as a Specialist Registrar in the West Midlands Deanery in 2009 for Gastroenterology training which included a year at the liver transplant unit at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham. He was awarded accreditation in Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine in 2016.
Dr Cheung was awarded an MD by the University of Birmingham following two years as a Clinical Research Fellow during his higher training. His research was centred on improving the diagnosis of gastrointestinal cancers and is the author of over 20 publications in peer-reviewed medical journals. He presented his research at international and national medical conferences and has been awarded multiple prizes and travel fellowships for his research work. He continues to contribute to research studies as a Principal Investigator (PI) for his NHS trust.
Dr Cheung is an examiner for the University of Birmingham and a Royal College of Physicians accredited Educational supervisor to doctors in training. He is also a JAG accredited endoscopy trainer.
- Oesophageal and stomach conditions including gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), swallowing symptoms, Barrett’s oesophagus
- Bowel conditions: Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Coeliac disease and gluten sensitivity
- Hepatobiliary (liver) conditions including fatty liver disease and chronic liver disease
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy: gastroscopy (OGD), colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and ERCP
- Polypectomy (removal of polyps).
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
- Midland Gastroenterological Society (MGS)
- Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)