Mr David Anthony Woods
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
BMed Sci, MB ChB, FRCS, FRCS(Orth)
Practices at: BMI The Ridgeway Hospital
Mr David Woods has worked as a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery in Swindon for the past 20 years, specialising in traumatic and degenerative conditions of the shoulder and elbow. He has private and NHS practice at BMI The Ridgeway Hospital, dealing predominately with upper limb trauma and shoulder and elbow conditions.
Mr Woods is currently the Royal College of Surgeons of England Surgical Tutor for the Great Western Hospital, an Examiner for the Royal College and was voted British Orthopaedic Association Trainer of the Year in 2016.
Mr Woods specialist areas include:
- Trauma, especially to the shoulder and elbow
- Sports injuries, fractured collar bones, dislocation of the shoulder and ACJ
- Frozen shoulder
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Arthritis of the shoulder
- Tennis and golfers elbow
- Fractures of the shoulder, arm, elbow, forearm and wrist in adults and children
- Shoulder and elbow problems
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery
- Upper limb fractures
- Shoulder replacement
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Member of Girdlestone Society
- Member of British Medical Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)