Mr David Smith
Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon
BSc(Hons) MBChB FRCS
Practices at: BMI The Beaumont Hospital
He then undertook a 6 month Ethicon Fellowship in laparoscopic (keyhole) colorectal surgery at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. His practice includes all aspects of general and colorectal surgery and since his appointment at the Royal Bolton Hospital he has developed a practice in laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease.
He has also developed a practice in the management of rectal polyp surgery through the newly developed TAMIS (trans-anal minimally invasive surgery) technique. His other areas of interest and practice include laparoscopy, management of anorectal disorders (haemorrhoids, fissure and fistula) and endoscopy (gastroscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy).
In addition, he is an active member of the multidisciplinary team for the management of colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease. He is actively involved in surgical training, clinical audit and research. He is married with three children and enjoys an active lifestyle. In his free time he enjoys running, going to the gym, playing squash and skiing.
- General and colorectal Surgery (colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticular disease)
- Proctology (rectal bleeding, haemorrhoids, fissure, fistula)
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Management of rectal polyps and early rectal cancer
- Enhanced recovery
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS)
- Medical Protection Society (MPS)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland (ASGBI)
- Association of Coloproctologists of Great Britain & Ireland (ACPGBI)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)