Dr David Fox
Consultant Cardiologist & Electrophysiologist
BMSC(Hons) MBChB(Hons) MRCP MD
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
Training and Appointment
Dr Fox worked in Manchester, rotating through Manchester Royal Infirmary and the North West Regional Cardiac Unit, Wythenshawe Hospital and was awarded Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians in 2001. Shortly after this he obtained a Specialist Registrar position in Cardiology within the North Western Deanery.
During this time he received extensive training in cardiac pacing and the latest ablation techniques for all arrhythmias with a particular focus on ablation therapy for atrial fibrillation (AF).
He was appointed Consultant Cardiologist/ Electrophysiologist at the Regional Cardiac Centre, Wythenshawe Hospital, University Hospital of South Manchester in 2008.
David is the lead electrophysiologist for the rapid access palpitation clinic and open access atrial fibrillation clinic. His main specialty is the management and treatment of Atrial Fibrillation and other heart rhythm disorders, including palpitations, electrophysiology, ablation, pacing and defibrillators, arrhythmias and heart failure. He sees patients for all these complaints at BMI The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle, Cheshire.
He is a member of the British Cardiac Society and approved member of the Atrial Fibrillation Association UK.
Dr Fox has won a number of prestigious awards and accolades throughout his medical training and thereafter, including:
- Graduating in the top four students of his year of over 140 medical graduates
- Winning the ICI/Zeneca class prize for best final year student in medicine and therapeutics.
- Undertook a research project in Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy and his MD thesis was awarded in 2010 by the University of Manchester.
- Completed a fellowship in Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology at the prestigious University of Western Ontario, Canada under the supervision of Professor George J Klein.
- Pacing and defibrillators
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Failure
- British Cardiac Society
- Atrial Fibrillation Association UK
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)