Dr David O'Brien completed general cardiology and interventional cardiology training in both the UK and Canada, before returning to work as a full-time consultant interventional cardiologist in the UK.
His current practice covers all aspects of general cardiology, with a special interest in the management of coronary artery disease and in particular, percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI/Angioplasty).
He is an advocate of the use of the radial artery in the arm, rather than the traditional femoral (leg) approach and use the radial artery in the majority of my interventional procedures.
He specialises in:-
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI/Angioplasty)
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterisation
- Radial approach for percutaneous coronary procedures
- All aspects of general cardiology
- Adult trans-thoracic echocardiography