Mr David Thyagarajan
Consultant Shoulder & Elbow Surgeon
MBBS, MRCS, FRCS(Ed), FRCS Trauma & Orthopaedics
Practices at: BMI Thornbury Hospital
Mr Thyagarajan graduated in 1994 and completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery in Bristol. Following this, he was appointed to the internationally renowned Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship Programme at the Nottingham Shoulder and Elbow Unit. There he was trained in the breadth of shoulder and elbow surgery, dealing with a high volume of complex cases. After his fellowship programme he travelled to shoulder and elbow centres of excellence in the USA as a visiting surgeon and gained insight and experience in state-of-the-art surgical techniques from world renowned surgeons Dr Steve Burkhart in San Antonio and Dr Gary Gartsman in Houston, Texas.
Mr Thyagarajan's special interest in shoulder and elbow surgery includes arthroscopic and open surgery for sports injuries, instability, degenerative disease requiring shoulder and elbow replacement surgery, complex revision surgery to the shoulder and elbow, including glenoid reconstructions and sternoclavicular joint surgery. He has several peer-reviewed publications. He is a reviewer for The Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. He has presented his research work in numerous international and national meetings such as the American Academy of Orthopaedic surgeons in Washington DC, International congress of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery in Japan and the British shoulder and elbow society. He was invited as a speaker for the symposium session in ‘arthritis and arthroplasty’ at the International congress of shoulder and elbow surgery ICSES 2016 in South Korea. He is a Senior clinical lecturer at the Sheffield University, and he trains future orthopaedic surgeons at the Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
You can find out more on his website: shoulderelbowsurgeonsheffield
- British Shoulder and Elbow Society (BESS)
- European Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (SECEC)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCS Ed)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
- Fractures and its sequalae
- Arthroscopy of the shoulder.
- Arthroscopic Subacromial Decompression
- Acromio-Clavicular Joint Excision.
- Acromio-Clavicular Joint Stabilisation.
- Rotator Cuff Repair.
- Bankart Stabilisation / Arthroscopic capsulo-labral reconstruction.
- Latarjet Stabilsiation / Coracoid transfer stabilisation.
- Pectoralis Major Tendon Repair.
- Distal biceps tendon repair
- Long head of Biceps Tenodesis
- Arthroscopic Capsular release for frozen shoulder
- Superior Labrum Anterior Posterior (SLAP) repair.
- Primary Shoulder and Revision shoulder replacement
- Complex primary and Revision shoulder surgery with glenoid reconstructions
- Scapulothoracic fusion
- Sternoclavicular Joint Surgery
- Fractures and its sequalae
- Tennis elbow release
- Golfers Elbow release
- Nerve decompressions
- Radial head replacements
- Elbow instability surgery
- Primary Total Elbow Replacement
- Revision Total Elbow Replacement
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Complex Elbow fracture fixation surgery
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)