Dr Connolly is the Chief or Primary Investigator of multiple large trials in Cardiovascular medicine. He developed one of the UKs first primary angioplasty programmes, and one of the UKs largest cardiac CT programmes.
He was on the design and naming team of the forthcoming super hospital, the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital which will open 2022.
Dr Connolly’s primary interest and research is in the detection and treatment of coronary artery disease.
He trained in Cambridge, London, Edinburgh and San Diego where he was a Carnegie Scholar. He has a first class degree in Pharmacology from the University of Edinburgh where he was the Brunton medallist and Keasbey Bursary holder. His PhD is in molecular cardiology from the University of Cambridge.
- Cardiovascular Risk
- Chest pain
- Cardiac CT
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Blood Pressure
- Heart Failure
- Clinical Trials
- Royal Colleges of Physicians 1991
- British Cardiovascular Society 1996
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society 2000
- British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging 2013
- British Society of Cardiovascular CT 2013
- Primary Care Cardiovascular Society 2019
- European Atherosclerosis Society
- European Society of Cardiology
- Board Member of the Primary Care Cardiovascular Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)