Dr Bakshi qualified in medicine in 1996 and completed his specialist training in Paediatrics in the London Deanery. He is one of the few formally trained paediatric allergists in the UK.
Dr Bakshi has worked in some of the best teaching hospitals in the UK, including the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, Great Ormond Street Hospital for children in London, St Mary’s Hospital Paddington, The Royal London Hospital and Nottingham Children's Hospital. Dr Bakshi has previously held the post of Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Allergy at Imperial College London. He is an expert in interpreting skin prick tests for allergic disorders in children, and offers sub-lingual immunotherapy (Grazax) for severe hay fever, cat and house dust mite allergies. Dr Bakshi has participated in many clinical trials, published extensively in peer reviewed indexed journals, and presented in many national and international conferences. He is the editor of The Online Journal of Clinical Audits.
Dr Bakshi is frequently invited to deliver talks to GPs and other health professionals.
- SNIFFLE 2 Trial: Principle Investigator in this trial of Nasal Influenza vaccine in children with egg allergy, Lister Hospital (collaborative centre), 2014
- PiPs Study (Probiotics in Preterm Infants Trial), 2011
- ADEPT Study(Abnormal Doppler Enteric Prescription Trial), 2008
Poster presentations (Regional/International)
- Ara h2 is a useful marker for peanut allergy in diagnostic uncertainty. BSACI Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2016.
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome induced by flucloxacillin hypersensitivity reaction. BSACI Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2016.
- Audit of NICE guidelines on Anaphylaxis. British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2015.
- Management of cow's milk protein allergy in primary care in Hertfordshire. British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2014.
- Analysis of changes in airborne pollutant levels in response to nocturnal temperature controlled laminar airflow treatment, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), Copenhagen, Denmark, June 2014.
- Modified skin prick testing to cod is a diagnostic marker for Bangladeshi fish allergy. Poster Discussion Presentation, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), Geneva, Switzerland, June 2012.
- Management of Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care. Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting (FAAM), Venice, Italy, February 2011.