Mr Edward Powell-Smith
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, BSc, FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics), PGGE (Merit) Advanced educational studies
Practices at: BMI The Duchy Hospital
As a senior trainee he undertook fellowships in both orthopaedic and plastic hand and wrist surgery at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and St Andrews Centre for plastic surgery.
Following his fellowship training Mr Powell-Smith had developed particular skill and interest in the management of complex hand trauma and soft tissue injury. As well as arthritic conditions of the hand and finger joint replacements which combine plastic surgery and orthopaedic experience.
As well as his clinical practice he has an interest in medical education and he has recently been elected to sit on the education and training committee of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand. In addition, he is also a member of the standards in Hand Surgery committee.
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Dupuytrens disease
- Peripheral nerve entrapment (Carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel)
- Management of arthritic conditions of the fingers
- Thumb and wrist including finger joint replacement
- Hand and wrist trauma including the management of complex hand and wrist fractures as well as injuries to ligaments, tendons and nerves.
- British Medical Association
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)