Mr Elias Francis-Khoury practices as a consultant in Otolaryngology (ENT) and Head & Neck surgery for adults and children.
Mr Frances-Khoury's areas of fellowship-level training are in Ear Surgery, Complex Rhinoplasty & Sinus Surgery and in Paediatric ENT surgery. These, in addition to Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (a complication of Snoring) remain his principal areas of interest.
His most senior qualifications are Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, and Fellowship of the European Board of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck surgery (passing the latter with the highest awarded written examination grade of the year)
After his specialist training, Elias undertook two years of surgical fellowship (further training to develop an advanced aspect of practice in a leading international centre), at the Toulouse Hospitals, France and at Guys & St Thomas’ / Evelina Children’s Hospitals.
His specialist training was in London (inc Great Ormond St, UCLH/Royal National ENT hospital, St Mary’s, Charing Cross, Royal Free and St Bartholomew’s Hopitals) and his general surgical training was on the Oxford rotation. He studied at Kings College, University of London and Caius College, University of Cambridge.
Outside of his usual work, Elias has enjoyed being a university lecturer and a medical volunteer in warzones and in developing countries. He has co-authored a number of chapters in leading medical texbooks (on Rhinoplasty and Sinus Surgery) and published numerous scientific articles.
Elias practices in all areas of otolaryngology/ENT surgery for adults and children. He is a proponent of minimal access surgery (of the ear and sinus) and will offer an external incision-free and local anaesthetic option wherever possible to minimise risk and inconvenience.
- Otology & Hearing Implant Fellow (Paediatrics and Adult) (Guys & St Thomas' Hospitals, London 1yr)
- Otology, Paediatric ENT & Skull base surgery (University Hospitals of Toulouse, 1yr)
- Facial Plastics and Sinus Surgery (Imperial College Hospitals, London, 6 months- registrar upgrade)
Higher surgical training
- London rotation: Inc Imperial College, University College, Barts & the London & Great Ormond Street Hospitals
Basic surgical training
Dr Elias Francis-Khoury is co-author of the following surgical textbook chapters
- Closed Rhinoplasty in “Facial Surgery: Plastic and Reconstructive”
- Management of Cerebrospinal fluid leaks (from nasal sinuses) in Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery - 2nd Edition
- Otitis externa (outer ear infections), Facial nerve paralysis, Skull base tumours (Vestibular Schwannoma) in “Pocket Tutor - Otolaryngology”
- Author of numerous peer reviewed scientific research publications